Wednesday, April 18, 2012

God makes me stand

From my reading a couple of weeks ago in 2 Corinthians 1:21,22

Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

My Observations:

  • God makes me (and others) stand firm in Christ
  • God has anointed me
  • God owns me
  • God has set his Spirit in my heart as His deposit on me
  • God guarantees my future

Application:

It seems in my experience I try to "dig deep" within myself to hang on through difficult situations and problems. Yet, today I'm reminded that it is not me that makes me stand. My best efforts; my understanding/insight, and my inner resolve will fail me. Left to myself I will fall and fail. But, I am firm in Christ! The anointing of the Holy Spirit is not just for preaching, healing, etc., but is also for my personal stability and encouragement. God has put a deposit on my life, His promise for what is to come is sure. The more I recognize my inadequacy, the more I can stand on Christ’s overwhelming power.

So, today I am consciously giving to concerns and anxieties about my children, grandchildren, finances, church challenges and future plans over to God. God has all of this under his control. I'm anointed! The future is His, not mine, and the outcome is guaranteed.

My Prayer:

Lord, help me not to slide into self reliance, which is my first instinct. In that, I will be disappointed at the least. Instead, help me trust in your Spirit for my daily living and needs. I thank you that your Spirit living in me is your guarantee of what is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment